Are you sick & tired of getting the following error in Sharepoint Designer 2007 whenever you try to check-in a file?
“Cannot perform this operation. The file is no longer checked out or has been deleted.”
Let’s first ensure that the problem is in the Designer and not your MOSS install.
- Are you trying to edit a document template, OR are you trying to edit content pages. Sharepoint Designer is ONLY for the template pages. Content is managed in IE via the publishing features of your site. Stop and return to your site to manage content.
- Login to your gallery administration page at Site Settings | Galleries | and try to perform a check-in from here. If it doesn’t work, stop now and return to Google. you have other problems as well. If this works, then your MOSS install is ok, and the problem is definitely with Sharepoint Designer 2007. Continue for further troubleshooting
Witches brew of Sharepoint Designer fixes
- Clear out IE temporary files
- Delete %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache
- Make sure that Sharepoint Designer is pointing to the FQDN (http://portal.contoso.com) of the site, not just the server name.